Friday, January 24, 2014

Review: Unspoken by Jen Frederick



Blurb:
Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary.
I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.
I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her.

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.

Bonus Content: Upon reaching the USA Today Bestselling milestone, I wrote a 10,000 word epilogue as a thank you to the readers who loved and supported Unspoken.  I posted it for free on my blog but at the urging of readers, I have added it to the original version.  

Note: This is a New Adult Contemporary Romance with mature content and sexually explicit scenes. 91,000+ words. Standalone novel.



My Thoughts:

I didn't think I could like a book better than Undeclared (the first book in The Woodlands series), but this book proved that I could. While I really liked Grace and Noah, I really loved Bo and AM. Ah, Bo, what can I say about him but wowza? Talk about a sexy Marine! This guy was such an unrepentant skirt-chaser in the beginning, I didn't think it was possible for him to ever even consider settling down with one woman. But that was before he met AM. Poor AM; she was such a victim of circumstance, it made me cringe, reading about all the crap she had to suffer through because of one campus jerk. I really felt for her. So I was so happy when Bo came around, turned her life upside-down, and didn't give a crap about her campus reputation. From the start, all he cared about was the person, not the rumors, and he spent a good deal of his time trying to prove that to AM. They had a pretty rocky go of it before she finally allowed him in - and afterwards, because it took a lot to get her to trust him and his motivation. The poor girl was scared by the crap she went through and it took a lot to soothe her. Thankfully, Bo was so patient with her because he knew a good thing when he saw it and AM was definitely what he wanted. Once he set his sights on her, that was it. He pursued her with such dogged determination, it was knee-weakening. Let's just say when this skirt-chaser fell, he fell hard. And when things turned sour, he took it hard and relieved his grief the only way he knew how: by fighting. Choosing the hardest underground fights to win, literally going on and on until he couldn't fight anymore. Together, these two were just an amazing couple.

A great addition to The Woodland series. Highly recommended. Go read this book today!

No comments:

Post a Comment